Thursday, May 15, 2008

Cochabamba, Bolivia!

Alright so here it is….my blog! I was hoping to have this up sooner but these past couple weeks have been pretty crazy. This sunday I will be flying out to Bolivia where I will be living and working for the next 10 or so months. Just to make sure everyone is in the loop, here is a breakdown of what I will be doing on my placement.

I will be working as part of the Martadero Project which “seeks to promote socio-cultural, economic and productive development, in particular among the poorest sectors, through the arts as an essential component in integral participatory human development”

My official job title is ‘Youth Employment Promoter and Assistant Project Manager’. This consists of four major roles. The first is to support in the planning of the project, facilitating existing activities. The second is to design activities and strategies that seek the economic and social inclusion of youth. The third is to develop activities, in collaboration with the project team, that promote the inclusion of youth and children. Finally, the fourth is to support the development and management of new funding proposals for the project.

In addition to the above, a quarter of my time will be spent doing research for my thesis that I will have to write when I get back. More on that later.

To be completely honest, this whole blogging thing is pretty foreign to me. It will probably take some time for me to get used to but I think it will be a good way to keep in touch and let you all know what I am up to.

Just to end off, I wanted to give a special shout out to all the fellow IDSers who will be heading out/have left for their placement. Take care, keep in touch, and best of luck!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Wow, exciting stuff David! Looking forward to hearing the stories.